My next GoBox is finished, this time for the all new shortly arrived KX2…
The box was made the same style as my KX3 version in 2012 but this time I decided to use a more durable PELI case (model 1050, completely watertight). For sure heavier compared to the light SIGG aluminium box used in 2012 but a really very good protection for this expensive piece of equipment.
The panel is made of 1 mm thin stainless steel (laser cutted) and was painted black to match the KX2. The interior of the box was also painted in black. Four screws and 3D-fasteners (glued to the walls of the box) hold the panel in place.
Unfortunately I´m still not able to produce this boxes in masses but upcoming questions will be answered below.
- dimensions: 182 mm wide x 115 mm deep x 80mm high
- weight: 1 kg = 2,2 lbs = 35,3 ounces
- including original Elecraft LiIon-Battery with 2.6 Ah capacity
- panel drawing download: zipped-DWG
- My iPhone headset is used all the time and can stay connected while lid is closed.